To embody the core principles of the practice of medicine: Expertise, Empathy, and Ethics, and to provide integrative patient Education: Thus, to deliver an unequaled patient Experience
MD Skin Science
Beauty Born of Science
Our Vision: The Five E’s
Our mission is to embody the core principles of the practice of medicine:
Expertise, Empathy, and Ethics,
and to provide integrative patient Education:
Thus, to deliver an unequaled patient Experience
Efficiency, Comfort & Convenience
Efficiency, comfort, and convenience are the hallmarks of Dr. Clark’s office operations. Below is the information you need about our hours, location, appointment scheduling, insurance acceptance and billing.
Monday: 09:00 AM – 03:00 PM
Tuesday: 09:00 AM – 05:00 PM
Wednesday: 12:00 PM – 07:00 PM
Thursday: 09:00 AM – 04:00 PM
Friday: 09:00 AM – 07:00 PM
Sat. – Sun: Closed
Due to Dr. Clark’s limited availability, a non-refundable cancellation/rescheduling fee of $50 for medical visits or $100 per half-hour for cosmetic visits will be charged to the patient’s account if the office is not provided with a 48-hours notice.
We know you have many options when choosing a dermatologist in New York, NY so we have made requesting an appointment a simple and convenient process via our website. If, for any reason you cannot keep a scheduled appointment, or will be delayed, please call us as soon as possible.
Insurance & Billing
We accept most traditional plans. Please contact our office to verify acceptance of your insurance plan. Qualifications for insurance coverage may vary due to the uniqueness of each procedure. We are happy to file insurance for your reimbursement. Dr. Clark also sees patients in other plans in which she is not in-network; we find that most patients in these plans with out-of-network coverage are happy with the reimbursement they receive, especially since many have plans with high deductibles that must be met at the start of every year. We are happy to file an insurance claim for reimbursement directly to you.Insurance & Billing FAQ >>
- Blue Cross Blue Shield – Anthem, Empire, & Horizon
- Medicare (as a non-participating provider) ?
- Oxford – Liberty & Freedom (we do not accept Oxford Metro)
- United Healthcare Choice PPO, UMR & Student Resources (we do not accept United Healthcare Community Plan)
About MD Skin Science
MD Skin Science™ is a dermatology and skin surgery practice committed to total wellness with an emphasis on preventative and integrative dermatology. We recommend total skincare regimens with preventative and rejuvenating ingredients safe for your health and for the environment, along with supplemental and nutritional advice, and multiple modalities for skin and vaginal rejuvenation, all customized to your specific needs. For rosacea, acne, eczema, and inexplicable rashes, she will search for the internal root cause and help you to find ways to improve your overall health and thus the health and beauty of your skin so that conditions that may not need to be chronic have an opportunity to resolve. The founder of MD Skin Science, board-certified dermatologist Sheryl Clark MD, FAAD provides the latest in fractionated skin resurfacing, radiofrequency, ultrasound, lasers, facial and body recontouring treatments, a wide variety of fillers and botulinum toxins, 3 different permanent hair removal devices, fat-dissolving treatments, buttock enhancement, Collagen Induction Therapy, and hydrafacials, and treats all skin, hair and nail problems, even hair loss, cellulite and stretch marks. She will perform your total skin exam using a dermatoscope to improve diagnostic accuracy and eliminate unnecessary biopsies.
Dr. Sheryl is especially interested in neglected health problems, which she thinks of as “orphan disorders,” where no treatment, treatments with unacceptable risks, or treatments that neglect the underlying causes are traditionally offered:
- She believes it is possible to improve acne, acne scarring, enlarged pores, and oily skin permanently, and has developed specialized protocols for these problems, offering Acne Boot Camp:Kick It™ gold laser treatments with Sebacia for permanent improvement in acne and oily skin, and Fraxis Duo or Collagen Induction Therapy for acne scarring.
- For women’s intimate health concerns, an area traditionally neglected by the medical model and for which medication or surgery may be risky or ineffective, she provides a no-downtime, painless treatment for incontinence, vaginal or labial laxity, impaired sexual response, and/or vaginal dryness.
- For women or men looking to achieve a facelift-like redraping of the skin without the facelift-unnatural look, she offers the ProContour MD Liquid Facelift™.
- Having injected botulinum neuromodulators since the 90’s, she has crafted a High Concentration Botulinum Toxin protocol that avoids what she calls “The Seven Deadly Sins of Botulinum Toxin.”
- For men, she offers an effective quick procedure with little downtime for pearly penile papules.
- Problems like stretch marks, cellulite, or droopy skin of the arms and thighs have defied conventional treatment, and for these she offers effective, unique and customized combo protocols with energy-based devices, Injectables, and Collagen Induction Therapy.
She insists on treatments that are firmly grounded in scientific data and proven to be not only safe and effective, but good for your health, as well as consistent with your goals, lifestyle and budget. For your skin care needs, she believes you deserve a board-certified dermatologist with experience, perspective, and a dedication to ethical medical practice. Dr. Clark cares deeply about her patients and wants to have a positive impact on their lives by crafting with them a treatment plan that will work: Your Skin, Your Health, Your Way.
From Dr. Clark’s Patients
Linda P.New York, N.Y.
About the Dermatologist: Sheryl D. Clark, M.D., F.A.A.D.
With more than 25 years of experience, Dr. Clark is a highly skilled specialist for various dermatological concerns. Whether you want to treat a cosmetic or medical concern, she fully devotes herself to each treatment.
If you require a treatment that is outside of the ones we offer, she still works with you to find the best option for you. She can recommend you to surgeons or other experts who will be able to safely and effectively treat your condition. Her “patients over profits” approach means that her goal is for you to get the treatment you need in order to feel and look better.
Location & Contact
Located in the Upper East Side, Manhattan
Office Address & Phone
109 E. 61st Street New York, NY 10065212-750-2905