Dermal fillers are helpful in reducing the signs of aging on your skin. A filler is a gel-like substance that is injected underneath your skin. They are minimally invasive and nearly painless. Due to their effectiveness, they can have a dramatic impact on the look of your skin. Below you will find how dermal fillers change aging for the better.
How Dermal Fillers Change Aging
Dermal fillers are a highly effective treatment when it comes to reducing the signs of aging.
- Collagen and Elastin Booster: Collagen and elastin help keep your skin looking and feeling youthful, plump, and wrinkle-free. However, collagen and elastin production reduces as early as your 20s, and can impact the look of your skin. Dermal fillers with hyaluronic acid have proven clinically shown to boost collagen and elastin levels. This can help your skin look more voluminous.
- Natural Results: Dermal fillers in NYC help plump your skin which can take years off of your face. The treatment provides clear results, but they are subtle and natural looking. Finding ways to improve your aesthetic without looking overdone or obvious can help you maintain a naturally youthful look.
- Fast Results: Dermal fillers have fairly fast results. In fact, you should notice improvement within one to two weeks after treatment. The results can also last between six months to two years. One of the major benefits is that if you don’t like your results it’s not permanent.
Types of Fillers
There are a number of dermal fillers on the market due to the major benefits of the treatment. Below are some of the common types of dermal fillers and their respective brand names.
- Hyaluronic Acid Fillers: Your body naturally produces hyaluronic acid. With that, hyaluronic fillers are beneficial as they help plump and hydrate your skin in a natural-looking way. These fillers last between six months to one year. The common brand names for this type of filler include Belotero, Juvederm, and Restalyn.
- Calcium Hydroxyapatite: This type of calcium (calcium hydroxyapatite) is found in your bones and is a vegan-friendly filler option. This is a long-lasting dermal filler as it can last between nine to fifteen months. The common brand name for this type of filler is Radiesse.
- Collagen Stimulator: Polylactic acid (also referred to as a “collagen stimulator”) is a filler that lasts just a day or two and quickly dissolves. The purpose of this dermal filler is to stimulate the natural collagen production in your body. This can help naturally plump your skin and improve the signs of aging on your face. The common brand name for this type of filler is Sculptra.
- PMMA Microspheres: PMMA stands for polymethyl-methacrylate. This type of dermal filler has tiny, synthetic balls that specialists inject into your skin. It can help provide structure to your skin underneath deep wrinkles. It can also fill out thin lips. This is a long-term solution for addressing deep wrinkles and often requires multiple treatments to achieve your desired results. The common brand name for this type of filler is Bellafill.
Dermatology in Manhattan
More than 1 million people get fillers each year due to their effectiveness and aesthetic benefits. They can be used on a variety of areas, including under your eyes, nasolabial folds, forehead, cheeks, lips, chin, hands, and chest. They can help reduce the appearance of deep wrinkles, address crow’s feet, wrinkles in between your eyebrows (often referred to as your “11s”), and address volume loss. If you are interested in fillers, contact Dr. Sheryl D. Clark at MD Skin Science. She is a top-rated doctor for dermatology in Manhattan and has helped countless patients achieve their aesthetic goals with dermal fillers. Contact her office today for a consultation!